Friday, February 19, 2010

Bed Rest

So here I am on best rest - well the end of best rest. Thank goodness!! I am going stir crazy and I have cabin fever bad!! Chris took me out to lunch today, YEAH!! So not much has happened. Been reading, watching movies, the Olympics and napping. You would think it would be nice to have a few days off to do that, but after a week and a half, I am ready to get going. And I can't. Today is the first day I can get up and move around, but for the next week, I have to take it easy. No walks or runs, no going up stairs fast, poor Chris - no intercourse -, no heavy lifting; basically light duty. It is hard. I am such a mover. I have so many projects around the house I want to get done and I can't. I will have to watch Chris do them. No worries, they are simple projects, a little painting and a little tile work. Easy right. I am still on my Gatorade and Powerade diet, it's getting old. I really wish I loved it as much as Coke. Chris does spoil me about once a week with a coke. He fills a shot glass up and lets me down. It tastes so good!! I also have to be careful on my meds - it can cause constipation. Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE fiber. I can't stand oatmeal. So, I have some fiber bars and lots of fruit. I can handle that. I saw a commercial today for fiber cereal, I will have to try that one out. That is about what is going on. I am trying to be patient until the 28th for the pregnancy test. I have gone thru all the motions of being nervous, anxious, upset, happy...........I really try not to think about it, which is hard. One thing I have notice, Sammy, my female boxer, has been hanging very close to me. I have always trusted a dogs judgement and I think she knows something I don't. When I say she has been hanging close, she is laying basically on top of me, won't quit licking me and is always looking at me with her tail wiggling. I sure hope her sense is right!! I want to throw a shout out to my friends and family that have taken care of us!! The dinners have been awesome!! I needs to get a few new recipes, Chris is in love!! My Mother In Law is addicted to getting us fruit smoothies from McDonald's - they are pretty awesome!!! All my love!

4 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine being on bed rest, I don't blame you for going stir crazy! I will send a little prayer up everyday for you for good things to come on the 28th :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only one more week! I'm so excited for you guys! I'll have to try the smoothie from McDonald's...in fact, I think I'll get one for dinner tonight! Love ya! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are doing well!!!! I bet bedrest sucks~!!!! I would like it but only for a day or two! And not to get your hopes up, but with both of my pregnancies Maggie(our dog) was always ontop of me too. She doesn't even really like me that much, she always sits on Jarin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly... I cannot imagine how you are feeling... How exciting and nerve racking all at once. Bed rest for me might not be that bad... but again I'm like you I never stop. My prayers are with you and Chris. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. Love ya lots!

    ReplyDelete