Today is the first day of the third trimester! We made it! Weston is still so excited to have a brother and he talks about it all the time. Since cousin Lilly has gotten here, he has been asking how many days until my brother is here. So we check the countdown almost daily now; 14 more weeks left!
I went to the doctor on Monday and had quite the lengthy conversation with him. I started having braxton hicks contractions a couple weeks ago and that concerns him. We are still about 4-6 weeks away from starting braxton hicks, so I have been put on an even higher risk for preterm labor. I have a couple strikes against me. Braxton hicks has started, we have the vanishing twin (which we haven't seen in a quite away, still a risk), the anterior placenta, IVF and my age of 35. He said no heavy lifting, no shoveling snow, try not to bend at the abs and take it easy. Taking it easy always sounds nice, but it gets boring pretty quick. You can only do so many projects on the computer, watch tv, read, puzzles, before you start to go absolutely insane. Even grocery shopping has to be done online and picked up. I have to go see the doctor every two weeks to make sure everything looks good and preterm labor hasn't begun. Our ultimate goal is to make it to week 39-40, but we are really shooting for week 34. So, I will sit and behave myself. If you see me misbehaving, bring me a coke and tell me to sit down.
No comments:
Post a Comment