Thursday, August 4, 2016

Egg Retrieval Day

Today was Egg Retrieval day! And boy, did it go pretty good! We had to be at the clinic by 7:15am. Grandma Lee went with my, while Aunt Mandy & Uncle Danny watched Weston.  Chris had to go back to Colorado Springs to work, that way he can take all of next week off to help with Weston while I am on bed rest after the egg transfer on Tuesday.

 We made it to the clinic on time and they took me back to get started.  The first time we did an egg retrieval, they didn't knock my out all the way; this time they did, and it was heavenly.  I had my good luck socks on and we were good to go.  I had a great nap and during that nap, they were able to retrieve 15 eggs!! Much more than we expected.  Dr Gurtcheff was very pleased and said everything looked great! Chris & I are so excited!! Fingers crossed we get some good embryo's.

 Grandma Lee came in and sat with me for about 30 minutes and we headed home.
(Don't you just love the no makeup look)


Once we got home, I rest and relaxed.  For the most part, I did ok.  I had small pain on my ovaries, but my stomach was another thing.  Every time I would eat, I would get a sharp pain on the upper end of my stomach.  I knew I had to stay hydrated, so the remaining follicles would stay calm and my ovaries wouldn't hyper stimulate.  All and all, I feel ok.  Definitely worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment